Sunday 18 August 2013

Istanbul

I have wanted to go to Istanbul since I was child. The fact that it is the only city in the world split between two continents always intrigued me. Being such a unique hot-pot of diverse cultures, I was sure the city wouldn't disappoint me, and as expected, disappoint it did not!

Istanbul is a beautiful city and I absolutely loved it! Right from the moment I stepped out of the plane, I knew my journey would be a very eventful and memorable one.

The holiday started off on a rather anxious and eager note as my friend's flight was delayed by 8 hours and I had to patiently waited for the flight to arrive. Thankfully a kindle and Starbucks came to my rescue.

Also, I used this time to get holiday ready. A little bit to toe nail colouring never hurt anyone.



When my friend finally arrived, we went straight to the hotel, dropped our bags and left to explore the city.


As expected, the city was beautiful. With old mosques right in the middle of a modern city, I realized that in addition to a blend of European and Asian cultures, the old world and new world blend in together in Istanbul seamlessly.

The Blue Mosque was absolutely magnificent and was totally worth the long wait in the queue to see it.




It was full of visitors, some were there to pray while others, like me, had come to see its beauty.




The interiors of the Blue Mosque were breathtaking. The entire celing was covered in very intricate mosaic artwork.





Most mosques and religious places in Intanbul have a rule that men and women must wear clothes that cover their knees and hence I carried all my midi dresses on this holiday. I also carried a couple of scarves along in case I had to cover my head while I was in there.

It worked out quite well I think, as I got to combine my two favourites; midi dresses and scarves.

Along with the scarf, I accessorised my outfit with a hat. This, like the scarf was also a practical accessory to protect me from the blazing Istanbul sun!




I carried this satchel bag with me as my holiday bag as it was small enough to carry along comfortably but big enough to fit everything I needed.





All in all,  the first day in Istanbul was mesmersing and left me wanting more of the city!





As feautred;

Hat: H&M 
Nail Lacquer: Estee Lauder Pure Red 
Bracelet: Some Beautiful Place (Link)
Dress: Zara
Satchel: Urban Outfiters
Scarf: H&M
Sandals: Primark


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment lovely!
    Great pictures - I'd love to travel around Istanbul one day soon :)
    I love your dress and scarf by the way!
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of style - very girly and classy! Not to mention, your fedora hat is SOOO cute! haha!
    Thanks for checking out my blog, too. I followed you - keep in touch xxx

    www.berrybloomxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete