Tuesday 15 January 2013

McQueen, I love you.

The title almost gives it away, this post is all about my love for Alexander McQueen. I'll be honest, I have always believed in being trendy and that does not necessarily convert to be branded or brand conscious. When I moved to the UK, I was introduced to a whole new world of brands, brands I did not even know exist, brands I would lust after, the minute I was introduced to them. 

On my very first evening in the UK, my new found friends and I decided to go to the city centre and get familiar with the city. Soon we found ourselves in a mall (come on four girls in a new city; what do you expect?) As soon as we entered, the first store my friend saw was the McQueen store. "Oh I love McQueen.", she gushed. "Really? Me too." the other one added. I instantly saw them bond over something that I dint even comprehend and stood there silently. They looked at me, waiting for me to add my little bit about McQueen, but there was nothing I could add so I simply smiled like a fool and in that moment I knew where this newly founded friendship (4 hours before this incidence) was going.

Flash forward January 2013, yes, I did figure out who Alexander McQueen was, thank you very much. Not just that, but I fell in love with his style. Classic designs with that goth edge. Just perfect for a little punk-chic rebellion every now and again. 

Over time I have collected a few McQueen accessories and love them!









To start off with, I love the green scarf in the picture above. Although it is has the skulls on it, it is very unique and very different to the usual Mcqueen skull pattern. This scarf was from the SS12 collection and is in a jersey material. As it was for spring, the skulls are actually in  floral pattern and hence unless seen carefully virtually invisible. My mum loved the floral pattern on the scarf and almost stole it from me until I told her that the floral pattern was actually skulls. "I don't think I can carry off a skulls look at work." she said quietly, clearly not happy with it. 


The purse is from the SS12 collection as well. This is in a limited edition sky blue variant, although the pattern makes an appearance in all collection in different colours.  The studs give it an edge and the pastel blue makes it look feminine. I simply adore this purse.













Lastly, I own the gold razor double wrap bracelet. However I have tiny wrists and can manage to wrap it around thrice around wrist. "Is that a razor you are wearing on your wrist?", my manager asked me yesterday. "A bit too gothic for you isn't it?", she went on. But thats what I love about it. It is a bit gothic without being too overwhelming and I can wear it practically with outfit and it looks good.




Purse: I couldn't find a link to the blue one but the black one is now available at 55% discount on Outnet! Link
Bracelet: Is now available at 50% of the original price I got it at! How unfair! Link



1 comment:

  1. Well written. The scarf is really nice. Never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete